Purchasing Project Leader
Peterborough - Initial 12 month contract
Up to £21.08 per hour PAYE / Up to £27.45 per hour via an umbrella company (depending on experience)
Our client is a world class engineering and manufacturing company, they are looking for someone to lead purchasing projects across multiple purchasing streams such as NPI, Cost reduction, Supplier capacity expansion and Supplier performance, on an initial 12 month contract basis. The contract is likely to keep rolling for the right person, as long as the business need if there.
What would the Purchasing Project Leader do?
- Work with Global Category teams to review opportunities to localise sourcing to support Global facilities
- Work with supply chain to understand lowest landed cost solutions for suppliers to ship to multiple Global facilities
- Lead Cost reduction streams with Category teams and suppliers
- Lead capacity expansion planning with suppliers for specific suppliers & Product streams
- Work with suppliers on recovery plans for poor performance
- Support existing team on NPI & Product deletion programs
- Work with product groups on future manufacturing footprint to align sourcing activities
- Lead make vs buy initiatives with manufacturing teams and Category teams
What qualifications and experience will the Purchasing Project Leader need?
- Previous demonstrable experience within a purchasing environment and liaising with suppliers
- Experience of leading projects, analytical, problem solving, and effective communication skills, both internally and externally with suppliers
- The ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel (e.g. create pivot tables, lookups, formulas)
- Previous experience of working with a global supply base - desirable
- Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management i.e. CIPS - desirable
- Exposure to NPI processes - desirable
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.