Quality Inspection Technician - Desford
Initial 6-month contract
£16-£18 per hour Umbrella rate (depending on experience)
Are you process driven? Do you have experience with quality audits? Attention to detail skills?
Then this role might be just what you are looking for.
This Quality Inspection Technician role provides interpretation and problem-solving advice to others inside and outside of the department. This role is 90% remote working, moving forward, it will be once or twice a week onsite, can be flexible on this.
Quality Inspection Technician - Key Responsibilities
- Executes processes, plans, and tools that support global quality systems or related processes
- Executes global quality processes as defined in the Caterpillar Quality Management System
- Administer area metrics and submit local training and documentation as necessary
- Support certification activities
- Collect customer defect reports
- Obtain disposition of non-conforming material through analysis of defects and identification of cause
- Takes necessary steps to isolate defective material and to ensure uninterrupted shipments to customers
- Track the progress of corrective actions across the business to ensure a speedy response to a resolution.
Quality Inspection Technician - Skills and Experience required
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering/Manufacturing/Maintenance
- Equivalent relevant experience within a role within engineering, manufacturing and/or maintenance Working knowledge of relevant engineering, manufacturing and/or maintenance and standards and practices, including knowledge of inspection equipment
- Good interpersonal, communications, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Ability to work with diverse teams of employees and customers
- Personal computer skills and the ability to use standard software tools
- Good written and oral communications skills
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.