Rail Engine Configuration and Application Engineer – Peterborough – Initial 6 Month Contract – Competitive Hourly Rate (Limited or Umbrella Company Contract basis)
Engineer required to work within the Rail Engine team, providing assistance to customers with engine configuration and application engineering. This will be a broad role within a small team focused on selling engines to the worldwide rail market.
Key Responsibilities - Rail Engine Configuration and Application Engineer
- Working with worldwide rail engine sales team to address technical issues related to selling rail engines
- Responding to dealer and customer enquiries placed through the web based portal regarding configuration of price list engines
- Responding to dealer and customer requests on meeting installation requirements or performing installation testing
- Become a trusted advisor to customers and dealer network regarding engine application and installation requirements
- Efficiently working through technical aspects of sales process to grow sales in robust applications & installations
- Liaising with engine design and platform teams to address customer concerns and application issues
Key skills & Competencies required - Rail Engine Configuration and Application Engineer
- Engineering degree (or equivalent)
- Good interpersonal skill, with the ability to communicate clearly over email, telephone & videoconference
- Experience in engine application and customer configuration strongly desired, similar experience in the automotive industry will be considered
- Experience within the rail market would be beneficial
- Ability to travel Europe, USA and possible elsewhere. Travel will not exceed 25%.
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role is being made available by the end client on a contract/interim basis. To apply, please submit a CV that clearly signposts your relevant experience. Applicants must have the existing right to work in the UK and evidence will be required. Sarah Macrae - firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01275 867407