Rigging and Welding Technician - Initial 12 month contract
Umbrella Rates £22.60 p/h PAYE Rates £17.20
We’re looking for a Rigging Technician to work in a Global Engine Development facility based in Peterborough. This is an initial 12 month contract, that depending on business needs could be ongoing.
The successful technician will join a great team within the Prototype Department and carry out a variety of fabrication and rigging work to support current engine programs.
Core work will include;
- Working on own initiative as well as to engineers’ instructions
- Design and fabrication of rigging parts using various welding techniques (predominantly stainless-steel pipework)
- Assist engineers in performing Needs Analysis, initiating ideas, evaluating and contributing to the design of new products and processes.
- Gain Knowledge and learn through experience and staying abreast of technology changes
- Practical application of technical skills, communications and building knowledge of Caterpillar's products.
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Adhere to company processes including Safety, Standard Work and Quality.
What we’re looking for?
- Competent welding skills in TIG and MIG disciplines
- Competent in all aspects of fabrication and fully conversant with engineering drawings.
- Good PC skills – office suite.
- Apprenticeship served in Welding / fabrication City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates