Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Chard, Somerset - Permanent, Full-time position
Salary £40,000 - £50,000 per annum depending on experience
We are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join an iconic British Company who operate on a global presence. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who continue to expand and invest heavily in their R&D facility!
So, as a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, what would you do?
You will be responsible for embedded code development with a small team of hardware and firmware specialists, which will involve;
- Primarily being focused on the full code life cycle including, design, implementation, and test of key enhancements.
- Produce and maintain detailed specifications, objectives, requirements and documentation throughout a development cycle.
- Creation of firmware for new and existing products in accordance with the client’s Coding standard.
- Create applications to be run on a PC that aid development of the products that contain firmware.
- Investigate product issues & identify possible solutions, these solutions may not be firmware.
- Work within a workshop or test laboratory environment as required.
- Work closely with the team ensuring projects remain on track and that objectives are clear.
- Use creativity and influence; represent your team with other internal and external stakeholders to ensure the interests of area of specialism are properly represented and promoted.
More information about our client:
- Employee benefits include relocation allowance (if required), generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, lunchtime finish on a Friday, Christmas site closure, free parking on site, employee wellbeing program and discounts on local services.
- Great culture - all working together as a team. There are over 1200 employees in Chard.
- Heavily investing in their business & future - £30million invested to expand their product offering!
- All items are manufactured on their 30-acre site in Chard, they export to over 100 countries globally!
What are we looking for?
- Degree level in Electronics/Computer Science or relevant knowledge through work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years work history as a Firmware Engineer writing code in C.
- Strong understanding of circuit diagrams.
- Comfortable using electronic test equipment (e.g. Scopes, Electronic Loads, waveform generators)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate verbally, written and via presentation according to the audience.
- Able to work safely on high voltage (mains 240V) systems as required.
- Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, using own initiative.
- Available for occasional travel within or outside of the UK.
- Flexibility of working hours, including additional or unsocial hours as required.
- Experience with DC motor control.
- Some experience in any of the following: I2C/SPI/wireless protocols/PWM/ADC/UART.
- Some experience with C#/Python would be useful.
- Line management or coaching experience would be an advantage.
For further information please contact Gayle on 01275 867409
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.