Senior Software/UI Engineer - Chard, Somerset - Permanent, Full time position
Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience
Relocation and some remote working can be considered for this role
We are looking for a Senior Software/UI Engineer to join an iconic British FMCG Company, you’ll be working on cutting edge projects where you can flex your creative muscles to solve problems and come up with creative solutions that you will have the opportunity to implement! This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who continue to expand and invest heavily in their R&D facility.
So as Senior Software/UI Engineer, what would you do?
You will develop software and a UI for an autonomous mobile robotic system which uses cameras and Lidars along with other sensors for navigation, which will involve;
- Provide significant technical input into all aspects of design work, providing technical advice to managers.
- Software development.
- Producing and maintaining detailed specifications, objectives and requirements documentation throughout the development life cycle.
- Producing detailed designs to meet project/task requirement.
- Validating design performance, requirements and system integration through testing.
More about our client, and what you can expect from the role:
- Great culture – strong individuals working together as a team, building excellent relationships across the business.
- All items are manufactured on site. Our client is heavily investing in their business and for the future.
- Employee benefits include: relocation allowance (if required), generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, lunchtime finish on a Friday, Christmas site closure, free parking on site, employee wellbeing program and discounts on local services.
What are we looking for?
- Required knowledge (degree or other appropriate qualification essential), ideally a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in UI/ software engineering.
- Experience translating sensor data to display real-time on the UI, an interest or experience in robotics is also beneficial. A confident communicator is a must, along with flexibility to travel when required.
Demonstrable technical knowledge in the following subject areas is essential:
- Version control such as; Git, SVN etc
- Mobile robotics, SLAM/ Path planning, Navigation algorithms
- Computer vision, Signal processing, Linux OS
- Robotics/real time communication and Sensors/motion control/cameras
For further information please contact Gayle on 01275 867409.
This advert represents a summary of the full role description, a detailed job description will be provided. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.