Senior Technical Coordinator (Construction)
GL9 post code - less than 5 minutes from J18 of the M4
Permanent – Salary up to £45,000 (depending on experience)
A fast growing residential developer and contractor has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced residential construction technical coordinator. Do you have experience within a technical coordinator role as below, at a residential housing developer or main contractor? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Coordinator with experience of working for a housing developer to work across our client’s projects. The role will require an understanding and appreciation of the construction process and the ability to work closely with all departmental functions. The Senior Technical Coordinator will be able to operate proactively as part of the team and with a high degree of initiative and independence.
Senior Technical Coordinator Key Responsibilities:
- To coordinate the design and regulatory approval process for residential housing developments from the point of handover from the land department, through to completion of build.
- Assist the land department with technical review and appraisal of new land opportunities.
- Obtain of consultant proposals and assist in the appointment of the external professional team and management through the design process.
- Arrange appropriate surveys and investigations.
- Oversee the professional consultant team and administer the Information Release Schedule to achieve the delivery of well-considered value engineered design solutions that are practicable to implement and construct and satisfy company quality requirements.
- Prepare and maintain the design programme for discussion and monitoring throughout the design development process to ensure that information is received in a timely manner.
- Obtain, collate, and manage approval of all supplier and contractor design elements, for example, M&E, trusses, joists, stairs, kitchen designs etc.
- Liaise with in house departments, external stake holders and clients to ensure that designs are fully coordinated.
- Ensure that designs produced comply with both internal company policy requirements and all necessary regulatory approvals.
- Liaise with structural warranty providers and building control to resolve technical and design issues.
- Administer and monitor professional consultant fees against budgets and maintain up to date Consultant Cost trackers for monthly reporting.
- Manage and monitor utility services applications, connections, and diversions.
- Coordination of all section agreements including approvals and bond requirements.
- Deal with and arrange legal agreements relating to highways, drainage, services, wayleaves, easements, and the like.
- Resolving all technical related queries.
- Visit sites as necessary to resolve build issues or similar.
Senior Technical Coordinator Experience & attributes required:
- Minimum two years’ experience of working in a similar role as a Technical Coordinator or Assistant Technical Coordinator within a residential housing developer or main contractor is essential.
- Disciplined and well organised with the ability to work to own initiative and to deadlines in a fast-paced role.
- Experience of AutoCAD software and Asite (or similar) document management software is desirable.
- Understanding of planning legislation, building regulations and construction design and management regulations.
- Knowledge of construction technologies and materials including application and technical performance.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand technical construction drawings.
- Have a commercial mind-set and an awareness of the wider implications of the technical process.
- Strong written and oral communications skills as you will be working closely with commercial / operational teams, land and planning team, other departments, and external consultants.
- Experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- High awareness of health and safety requirements within construction.
To apply, please send a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.