Shipping / Transport Planner - Irlam - Initial 6 month contract – up to £20.85 per hour
Do you have SAP experience? Do you have sea freight and air freight shipping knowledge? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Shipping / Transport Planner - Key Responsibilities
- Management and planning of customer shipments, from the point of pick pack complete through to despatch. Liaising with various internal and external parties, including customers and transportation companies to ensure a streamlined end to end delivery process utilising SAP, in line with global import and export regulations.
- Full end to end responsibility of Customer Shipments including the creation of associated legal documentation in line with global exporting regulations, such as: EPA’s; Country of Origin certs; Dangerous Goods certs; and MOD certs of conformities.
- Management of Global Trade and VAT activity to ensure proof of deliveries are received in a set time frame.
- Responsibility of ensuring all customer shipments are ledgered as a sale in line with relevant inco terms.
- To facilitate the freight invoice process in line with various carrier invoices through to payment. Managing and highlighting exceptions through to resolution.
- Effectively manage carrier communications and time sensitive bookings to ensure goods are despatched in line with customer inco terms.
Shipping / Transport Planner - Skills and Experience required
- Demonstrated experience of using SAP in a Transport/Shipping planning role. Ideally SAP Hana S/4, and/or Transportation Management (TM), and/or Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) And/Or demonstrated experience within a shipping role within a manufacturing/logistics organisation.
- Export and Import Regulation Knowledge.
- Understanding of working within the complexities of a Customs Warehouse environment.
- Proven ability to maintain react and think quickly to fast moving fluid situations.
- Able to contribute positively within a team environment.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel.
- Must demonstrate meticulous levels of attention to detail when working in a pressurised environment.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained.