Site Buyer – Stafford
Initial 12 month contract
Up to £38 per hour depending on experience (Limited/Umbrella)
Have you worked in Purchasing? Do you have experience of buying materials, parts and components for the automotive or aerospace industries from suppliers? Do you have excellent communication and organisational skills? If “yes” and you enjoy working in a busy environment where every day is different, and you relish the challenge of working on multiple tasks at the same time, this could be the contract for you…
We are looking for a Site Buyer to join our globally renowned client’s purchasing team working on the direct materials portfolio. This is an initial 12 month contract based on site in Stafford. You will have a track record of successfully buying from and challenging costs with suppliers, ideally within an engineering or manufacturing environment.
What would you do?
- Support the purchase of direct materials from suppliers.
- Implement local sourcing strategy.
- Manage policies, agreements and special purchasing programs.
- Negotiate with and challenge approved suppliers on their quotations.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and NPI activities.
- Interact with engineering, supply chain and quality teams.
- Some travel required, approx. 5 – 10 % of time to UK suppliers mostly.
What are we looking for?
- 3 - 5 years of Job-related experience.
- Direct materials purchasing experience within a Manufacturing environment.
- Teamwork and the ability to work independently and without micro-management.
- The ability to build, develop and sustain business relationships with suppliers.
- Excellent communication, organisation and purchasing skills.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced busy office environment.
- Experience of using MFG Pro - desirable
- The ability to follow many different open topics at the same time and be able to complete and follow up on all open topics in an efficient way.
For further information please contact Gayle on 01275 867409
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role is being made available by the end client on a contract/interim basis. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.