Site Buyer – Stafford – Initial 6 month contract– £25-£30 per hour (depending on experience)
Do you have experience in managing procurement activity for a group of suppliers / components?
The Site Buyer will deliver procurement excellence including integration between the Global Purchasing team and the facility. As a Buyer you will provide purchasing solutions and expertise in order to deliver a lean, responsive and resilient material and services flow for the facility from source to dock. The role will demonstrate leadership in implementing cost reduction projects, inventory and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
Site Buyer - Key Responsibilities
- Responsible and accountable for the implementation of a local sourcing strategy
- Managing policies, agreements, special purchasing programs; and supporting specific Product line (NPI programmes)
- Provide leadership for cost reduction, sourcing, logistics and resource management
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities within Purchasing
- Liaison with corresponding Category Buyers
Site Buyer - Key skills & experience required
- Degree educated or equivalent experience within a Purchasing role
- Previous experience in managing a supplier base
- Ability to lead teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
- Effective communicator in written and oral form
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.