Software/User Interface Engineer - Chard, Somerset - Permanent, Full-time position
Excellent Salary on offer - Relocation and some remote working can be considered for this role
We are looking for a Senior Software/UI Engineer with a background or interest in mobile robotics, to join an iconic British Company who operate on a global presence; where you’ll be working on cutting edge projects! This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who continue to expand and invest heavily in their R&D facility.
So as Software/User Interface Engineer, what would you do?
You will develop software and a UI for an autonomous mobile robotic system which uses cameras and Lidars along with other sensors for navigation, which will involve;
- Providing significant technical input into all aspects of design work, providing technical advice to managers.
- Software development.
- Producing and maintaining detailed specifications, objectives, and requirements documentation throughout the development life cycle.
- Producing detailed designs to meet project/task requirement.
- Validating design performance, requirements, and system integration through testing.
More about our client, and what you can expect from the role:
- Great culture – strong individuals working together as a team, building excellent relationships across the business.
- All items are manufactured on site. Our client is heavily investing in their business and for the future.
- Employee benefits include: relocation allowance (if required), generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, lunchtime finish on a Friday, Christmas site closure, free parking on site, employee wellbeing program and discounts on local services.
What are we looking for?
- Required knowledge (degree or other appropriate qualification essential), ideally a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in UI/ software engineering.
- Experience translating sensor data to display real-time on the UI, an interest or experience in robotics is also beneficial. A confident communicator is a must, along with flexibility to travel when required.
Demonstrable technical knowledge in the following subject areas is essential:
- Version control such as; Git, SVN etc.
- Mobile robotics, SLAM/Path planning, Navigation algorithms
- Computer vision, Signal processing, Linux OS
- Robotics/real time communication and Sensors/motion control/cameras
For further information please contact Gayle on 01275 867409.
This advert represents a summary of the full role description, a detailed job description will be provided. To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.