Technical Author - Application and Installation
Peterborough - Initial 12 Month Contract
Up to £21.00 per hour (depending on experience) via an umbrella company contract basis, PAYE is also available.
Our client is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and support of a world class range of engines. They are looking for a Technical Author to join their team based in Peterborough on an initial 12 month contract, which has the potential to keep rolling for as long as the business need is there.
This role will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of application and installation literature to ensure engines are safely installed within vehicles and machines. You will be working within a team who create technical documentation and manuals, and also work closely with the engineering team to gather the information these need to contain.
What would the Technical Author do?
- Create publications fit for purpose which require technical analysis/research
- Be responsible for ensuring the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of each publication
- Ensure the development and maintenance of the publications as required
- Receive document content/outline from sources including Engineering Teams & Subject Matter Experts
- Use Microsoft Word to create the publications
What skills and experience will the Technical Author have?
- Technical product/engineering knowledge
- Engineering drawing, illustration, and model understanding/knowledge
- Ability to interpret basic technical data & good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning & time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable experience as a Technical Author - desirable
- Good knowledge of Combustion Engine Components and their functions - desirable
- Good working knowledge of Engine Aftertreatment and Electronic Systems - desirable
- Previous Teamcenter experience preferred but not essential as training will be provided
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.