Test Data Systems Engineer
Contract– Up to £31 per hour (Umbrella)
What does the phrase test automation mean to you? Do you want to work with internal combustion engine test systems, automating the data acquisition systems? Maybe you have gained experience in a similar environment, working with test equipment in an R&D setting?
If so, APPLY NOW to be considered for this fantastic opportunity to join the Engine Development Labs at a global manufacturer in Peterborough.
If successful you will join the Test Data Systems team who are responsible for the Automation and Data Acquisition systems (DAS) used in engine development research and development.
Within their labs they have some of the highest levels of engine test Automation in the world making this a truly exciting opportunity for an engineer or computer scientist wanting to bring their programming skills to the fore.
The Test Data Systems Technician’s Role and Responsibilities;
- Troubleshoot automation code and scripts and system integration issues efficiently and effectively
- Automation support and development
- Design, development, validation and deployment of critical automation features
- Working directly on complex technical problems to identify root causes and develop solutions
- Collaborate with test cell operators and development engineers to identify improvement opportunities and resolve issues
- Research new technology, architectures, frameworks, and products to be incorporated into the current or future automation suite
What we need from you as a Test Data Systems Technician;
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical engineering
- 3+ years of relevant experience in engine/power system development/testing or test scripting/automation development in a lab environment or similar
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Electronic / digital system integration experience
- Experience in applying automation to test facilities/labs
- Experience with test software such as FEV Morphee, AVL Puma, Vector CANape/CANalyzer, dSpace control-desk/automation-desk, ETAS Inca, DSG DaTAQ Pro, NI Labview/Veristand or similar…
- True passion for automation and methodical engineering practices
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.
The above represents a summary of the role. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.