Test Engineer – EV/Hybrid Engines
12 Month Contract(Umbrella/PAYE)
Our client is the world leader in their field - creating innovative, cutting-edge products that help build the world around us.
Seismic is looking for an engineer on an interim basis to contribute to the successful design and development of the next generation of our clients powertrain systems. This role is an opportunity to play a key role in the design and development of a new testing facility, working at the front line of EV and hybrid powertrain systems.
What would you do?
- Carry out the evaluation, selection, and deployment of EV test cell equipment.
- Be responsible for the design and development of electrical and associated control systems.
- Technical report writing and documentation maintenance
- Propose design modifications to facility plant, test rigs and equipment.
- Engage in complex fault finding on existing equipment
What are we looking for?
- Candidate experience of working in an engine, powertrain, or EV test cell environment
- Evidence of team working skills, having worked effectively with other engineers and technicians.
- Detail and quality minded
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- An Engineering / Technical Degree or be qualified through relevant work experience.
- Proficient in PC operation for engineering software.
Ideally, you would have:
- Experience in electrical hybridisation of IC engines and/or developing testing facilities to support this.
- Experience in developing or testing electric vehicles, experience of battery pack management.
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience of electrical systems, control systems, and data capture systems.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call us on our office number, but if you’re interested please apply with an up to date CV – you must have the existing right to work in the UK, sponsorship is not available for this role. The rate advertised is the rate payable to the candidates nominated umbrella company; a Key Information Document will be supplied.