Tooling Cost Engineer – Peterborough
Initial 12 month contract - (Umbrella contract basis)
Do you have a background in design and manufacturing of tooling? Do you have tooling cost reduction expertise within an engineering/manufacturing environment? If yes, this could be the opportunity you are looking for…
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience in the assessment of supplier tooling costs and a strong foundation in a range of manufacturing processes. We are looking for a Tooling Cost Engineer to join our globally renowned client’s Cost Engineering Team in Peterborough on an initial 12 month contract.
What would you do?
- Use your technical expertise to drive the delivery of Tooling cost reductions
- Evaluate tooling costs for Current Product and New Product (NPI) to ensure value for money.
- Analysis of tooling costs by interrogating supplier data or the creation of detailed Cost Models
- Creation of Cost Models/tooling cost analysis using your existing Manufacturing/Engineering knowledge, bridging any gaps through detailed investigation of the desired process or technology
- Use completed models/your analysis of supplier data to identify cost reduction opportunities
- Creation of ‘Bottom up’ Tooling Cost Models - using existing knowledge coupled with information from component drawings & 3D Solid models
- Analysis of supplier’s quotation data to identify areas for cost reduction
- Compare model/analysis with supplier data, to identify any cost reduction opportunities
- Lead supplier negotiation
- Provide ‘Tooling cost’ expertise to other areas of the business
- Develop Tooling assessment process and tracking
- Review of new and replacement tools
What are we looking for?
- Extensive, demonstrable experience and knowledge in the costs required to design and manufacture tooling used in the variety of Casting and material forming processes, as well as jigs and fixtures for post forming processes e.g. Machining, inspection etc
- Educated to a degree level or relevant work experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Expert communicator; proficient in building collaborative and trusted partnerships internally and externally
- Proven ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience of analysing & interpreting numerical data to provide sound recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft packages with a strong ‘working’ knowledge of Excel
For further information, please call Gayle on 01275 867409
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.