Warranty and Aftersales Advisor
Wolverhampton/Desford/Peterborough - Initial 6 Month Contract
Up to £19.90 per hour PAYE / Up to £26.10 per hour via an umbrella company
We’re looking for a Warranty and Aftersales Advisor with mechanical experience who understands Drivetrain components and their usage, and can find the route causes for failure. You will manage all aspects of the warranty process to ensure that customers claims are fully resolved and provide aftersales service support to customers as required.
Our client is a globally renowned large engines and off highway machinery manufacturer, this assignment can be based out of their Wolverhampton/Desford/Peterborough sites. This is an initial 6 month contract which could be ongoing for the right person, as long as the business need is there. Currently there is a bias towards WFH but you will be required onsite to review parts, as a global manufacturer there are many Covid safety measures in place on site.
What will the Warranty and Aftersales Advisor do?
- Warranty Management: manage all customer warranty claims, failed parts returns and related activities to closure. Assist with warranty procedures & processes. Advise on warranty procedure and contacts for new customers.
- Warranty Analysis: analysis of warranty failure data and trends (2MIS, 12MIS, 24MIS). Root cause investigation and recommending containment/corrective action plans. Monthly analysis and reporting of all warranty data.
- Technical Support: provide after sales technical service support for all customers. Compile & maintain service manuals and technical data sheets for new products/new customers. Develop & maintain parts lists new products/new customers. Compile technical publications such as bulletins, magazines, and letters to support customers with product/process changes
- Product Change Control Process: advise actions required from proposed product design/manufacturing process changes, from a product support & warranty perspective.
- Travel: there may be a requirement to travel between the 3 sites to be review parts etc.
What skills and experience will the Warranty and Aftersales Advisor need?
- 3 years of technical school/an apprenticeship program/a diploma, or the equivalent relevant or transferable experience
- Mechanical experience - Drivetrain components and their usage, ability to find the route causes for failure
- Knowledge of various operating, purchasing, parts ordering & inventory management systems; familiarity with financial systems, quality management and product knowledge
- Great communication skills (particularly interpersonal/customer facing, and presentations)
- Excellent IT Skills (MFG Pro and QAD experience is desirable, training will be given).
- Would suit someone with the above skills who is also analytical, and a great communicator, who is a good problem solver, tenacious and who likes to take ownership.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.