Business Development Engineer
Competitive salary – with car allowance and works mobile
Our client, a specialist manufacturer who offers a unique combination of experience and ability in all aspects of engine, transmission, component and vehicle testing, has just made available a Permanent opportunity for a Business Development Engineer to join their team based in Worcester.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and cultivating new business opportunities, expanding our client base, and contributing to the growth and success of the client in the transportation sector. This position offers the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects in a wide selection of industries including Automotive, Aerospace, Off-Highway and more.
Key Responsibilities of the Business Development Engineer
- Market Research and Analysis - Conduct market research to identify emerging trends, potential clients, and competitors in the transportation sector. Analyse market data and industry reports to develop a comprehensive understanding of market dynamics and opportunities.
- Lead Generation - Generate new business leads through various channels, including cold calling, networking, and industry events. Build and maintain a robust pipeline of prospective clients.
- Client Relationship Building - Develop and nurture strong relationships with existing and potential clients. Collaborate with clients to understand their unique needs and requirements and tailor solutions accordingly.
- Solution Presentation - Prepare and deliver compelling presentations and proposals to prospective clients, showcasing the clients rotating test solutions. Articulate the value proposition and benefits of our products to meet client expectations.
- Negotiation and Closing - Support the negotiation process contracts and agreements with clients, ensuring terms are mutually beneficial. Successfully close deals to drive revenue growth and meet sales targets.
- Sales Strategy Development - Input and support with the sales and marketing teams to create and implement effective sales strategies.Identify new market segments and opportunities for the clients products.
- Continuous Improvement - Gather and relay customer feedback to the product development team to drive product enhancements and improvements.Identify and share opportunities for system optimisation, cost reduction, and performance enhancement with team leader.
Qualifications and Experience Required for the Business Development Engineer role
- Degree in engineering or science-based subject
- Desired five year’s technical sales experience
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently.
- Full clean UK Driving License
- Valid UK Passport
- Good IT Skills (Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Project)
- ERP experience
- Professional membership (IET, or similar)
- EV and/or battery experience
- Project management experience
- Ability to speak French, Italian and/or German an advantage.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.