Component Engineer Vacancies - Fuel, Air, EGR System or Turbochargers
Peterborough (hybrid mix of working from home and on-site 2 days per week)
Initial 12 Month Contract
Umbrella up to £43.48 p/h / PAYE £32.80 p/h
Our client is a world class engineering and manufacturing company. There are a number of Component Engineer vacancies available for candidates with expertise in fuel system, air system, EGR system, or turbochargers.
As part of a small, friendly team, you will collaborate with a global team of engineers, suppliers and production facilities, shaping solutions from concept to production that achieve world-class levels of quality and reliability.
Job Responsibilities & Duties of the Component Engineer
- Plan and deliver air/fuel system/component development projects to time, cost and quality goals.
- Communicate project status and key issues to peers, stakeholders and management.
- Lead design reviews to gain cross-functional business support for new designs, supplier nomination and capital investment.
- Collaborate with suppliers to develop specifications and deliver quality solutions through APQP.
- Assess technical risk through FMEA; define and coordinate simulation and validation activities (DVP&R).
- Investigate and resolve technical issues using 8D methodology.
- Collaborate with Product Management to understand customer needs and design requirements.
- Write and review technical information and technical reports to support production design release.
- Collaborate with global teams to implement engineering solutions at worldwide facilities.
- Reflect on lessons learnt, using Lean methodology to identify improvement opportunities.
Skills and Experience required of the Component Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent knowledge/experience).
- 6-8 years of engineering or relevant experience.
- Good understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals, engine systems and component development.
- Good understanding of manufacturing principles and processes.
- Self-motivated and able to manage and deliver complex projects to meet commitments.
- Effective communication skills and teamwork.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.