Engine Test Engineer – Peterborough – Initial 12 Month Contract – Competitive Hourly Rate (limited or umbrella company contract basis)
Key Responsibilities of the Engine Test Engineer
· Liaise with the internal engineering customer, agreeing the test specification and then identifying the test equipment, selection of instrumentation and test execution.
· Work with the Component Test technician group within the workshop, gaining a strong understanding of the rigs and equipment that the department can offer.
· Gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships, and predict and manage failures. Challenges include questioning the status quo and championing new initiatives, collaborating with team members and other teams, and keeping abreast of advancing technology.
· Assignments may require review of the work of technicians or other support personnel, provide technical advice to individuals at various levels in the organisation and work with another unit or team. There will be emphasis on analysing, identifying, and applying engineering techniques to solve problems and make recommendations.
· Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas; evaluate requests, processes, or systems; communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units; collaborate with and support other engineers, managers, maintain technical currency, and represent the company externally.
Experience and qualifications required of the Engine Test Engineer
· Bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus 3-5 years experience or a master’s degree in Engineering. HNC/HND level candidates who possess a strong engine development background and
the desire to develop and exhibit the required competencies will also be considered.
· Desirable to have knowledge of engine systems and fundamentals of engine engineering, together with knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
· Excellent analytical skills. Incumbents have exhibited ability to work on increasingly more complex assignments, either through on-the-job assignments or through pursuit of the advanced degree. Must have ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well employees in other units, customers, and suppliers.
For further information please contact Francesca on 01275 867408.
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role
is being made available by the end client on a contract/interim basis. To
apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your
relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK
and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.