Import Customs Analyst – Peterborough - Initial 6 month Contract - Up to £20 per hour (depending on experience) on an umbrella company contract basis
Import Customs Analyst - Key Responsibilities
· Operation of a Duty Management System in accordance with HMRC requirements
· Ensure all import entries are raised/completed/filed by due dates and are fully compliant with HMRC requirements
· Support the continued use of Customs Freight Simplified Process by ensuring that all import entries are raised/completed/filed by due dates
· Authorises and verifies customs clearance agency use of deferment account and apportions costs internally
· Supporting the Trade Compliance practices to ensure that these are complied with and maintained
· Reconcile the Import VAT charges to ensure that all such records are accurate and are apportioned correctly
· Maintain the Imports Job Log so that accurate records are maintained for audit and trade compliance purposes
· Liaises with suppliers (and customers) shipping lines & haulers in connection with the movement of goods.Processes/finalises insurance claims as/if applicable under the Maritime Insurance Policy.
· Ability to provide basic guidance and support to internal and external customers on HM (Her Majesties) customs requirements
· Typical internal customers include a Department or Business/Service Unit in a Division. The position's primary customers are internal. Most of the problems faced by the position are similar to those faced before and follow a pattern.The incumbent resolves issues by selecting the best solution from a few choices.Impacts key quality goals including Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, etc.
· Limited travel required (Less than 5% of working time).
Import Customs Analyst - Key Skills & Experience Required
· Good communication skills. The job involves broad-based contact with overseas suppliers and external agencies in addition to a wide range of internal contacts.
· Ability to work as a member of a small team and also being able to interact effectively with the wider business is essential.
· Good organisational skills coupled with the ability to work to tight deadlines and attention to detail.
· Self-motivation and a mature, flexible outlook are sought after qualities.
· A positive approach with recognition of the need to focus on the requirements of customers (both internal and external)
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment.A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company.It is not a PAYE pay rate.A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.