Maintenance Technician - Peterborough
Initial 12 month contract
Competitive Hourly Rate
We’re looking for a Maintenance Technician to join a multi-million Global Engine Test facility in Peterborough.
The maintenance team has responsibility for the manufacture, implementation and upgrade of test facility support systems and rigs to assist in engine development and verification. In addition, commissioning the engine test facility.
The Maintenance Technician will have the knowledge, base skills and experience to be able to maintain the mechanical plant within the facility to the high standard required to keep the company at the forefront of today’s technology.
- Responding to testbed and other facility breakdowns using fault finding to effectively conduct repairs using a variety of techniques.
- Cover the maintenance, repair and installation of new facility equipment.
- Engaging with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team including peers, engineers and external contractors.
- Run improvement and root cause investigation projects and present findings through technical presentations to the wider teams and management.
Qualifications and experience required of the Maintenance Technician
- Served a full engineering apprenticeship and/or Qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent and/or relevant job related experience
- Must have a thorough knowledge of maintenance processes and tools, machine shop operations, equipment and processes plus familiarity with materials and quality objectives
- Ability to read and interpret, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical drawings and schematics
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.