Powertrain Development Engineer
Peterborough - Hybrid Office/ WFH
37 hours (over time may be available)
Initial 12 month contract (4 weeks notice period)
Umbrella and PAYE rates
Are you looking to work in the forefront of Engine Test and Performance? Do you have experience in conducting testing, development and sign off for engine test programs? If so we have an opportunity in a leading advanced powertrain facility where you will work with a global engine performance team.
Experience of Battery, Motor, Engine or Transmission system testing would be a great advantage for this role.
Working on a number of new, high profile engine products as Powertrain Development Engineer what would you do?
- Direct Powertrain System performance and validation tests on a range of Powertrain Systems including batteries, motors, engines, transmissions, and hydraulic drive.
- Work with program team and test facilities to develop test plans
- Data analysis across multiple Conformance, Performance and Validation test protocols
- Produce technical reports and present data to program team and wider NPI teams
What we’re looking for:
- Electrification test / development experience
- Established test/development experience
- Experience in power system level performance
- Experienced in the use of testbed software, calibration tools, and test data logging systems.
- Hands on Battery, Motor, Engine or Transmission system testing, and problem-solving experience
- Ideally experience with Development through New Product Introduction (NPI) Process