Site Buyer - Engine Components
Stafford - Initial 6-month contract
Up to £23.66 PAYE / up to £31 per hour via an umbrella company (rates depend on experience)
Have you worked in Purchasing? Do you have experience of buying engine components? Do you have excellent communication and price negotiation skills? If “yes” and you enjoy working in a busy environment where every day is different, and you relish the challenge of working on multiple tasks at the same time, this could be the contract for you…
We are looking for a Site Buyer to join our globally renowned client’s purchasing team in Stafford. This is an initial 6-month contract. You will have a track record of successfully buying from and challenging costs with suppliers, ideally within an engineering or manufacturing environment.
What would the Site Buyer do?
- Support the purchase of engine components from suppliers.
- Implement cost reduction, projects, supply chain optimisation and quality improvements.
- Be responsible and accountable for the local sourcing strategy.
- Manage policies, agreements, and special purchasing programs.
- Provide leadership for cost reduction, sourcing, logistics and resource management.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and NPI activities.
- Interact with engineering, supply chain & quality teams on site, and in the India facility.
Skills, experience & qualifications the Site Buyer will have include:
- Demonstrable purchasing experience within an automotive or manufacturing environment - ideally Engine components purchasing experience.
- Ability to lead teams, global suppliers, and customers to effective solutions.
- The ability to build, develop and sustain business relationships with suppliers.
- Analytical, problem solving and project leadership skills.
- Excellent communication, organisation and purchasing skills.
- Experience of using MFG Pro – desirable.
- Ability to read engineering drawings – desirable.
- CIPS qualification – desirable.
- The ability to follow many different open topics at the same time and be able to complete and follow up on all open topics in an efficient way.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.