Structural Analyst Engineer – Desford
Initially a 12 month contract
Up to £34.20ph Umbrella or £25.60ph PAYE depending on experience
Our client, a major manufacturer of off-highway machines based in Desford, have just made available an initial 12-month contract opportunity for a Structural Analyst Engineer to join their team.
This position is an opportunity for an engineer to join our Machine Dynamics and Vibrations Analysis team as a structural analyst - most of this global team is US-based.
You will be responsible for evaluating and developing lightweight structures, including cabs, enclosures, tanks, engine installations and operator controls from a full portfolio of machines: backhoes, small loaders, small excavators, skid steers and small dozers.
You will use finite element analysis tools to develop components to meet structural goals of strength, stiffness, fatigue life and natural frequency while meeting manufacturing and cost constraints. Your work will include building, solving, and correlating finite element models, as well as supporting validation tests and processing test data.
- Building and running FEA models using NASTRAN and SimCenter3D. Typical runs will include Normal Modes and Transient Response Analysis solutions.
- Working closely with designers and contributing own ideas to develop efficient solutions to structural issues.
- Supporting validation testing with gage maps and data analysis.
- Correlation of FEA models to match test data.
- Working with analysis team to continually improve analysis efficiency and quality.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Engineering Bachelor’s Degree.
- Familiarity with FEA model building and results interpretation.
- Experience with dynamics, vibrations, modal testing, isolation systems, digital signal processing or fatigue is not necessary but is highly desired.
- Ability to understand detailed drawings and technical specifications.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.