Test Technician - Fuel Systems – Peterborough - Initial 12 month contract – up to £19 per hour (umbrella company contract basis)
Do you have a practical mechanical engineering background, ideally apprentice trained? Hydraulics experience is desirable.
Test Technician – Key Responsibilities
- Assist engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future product, working on mechanical or electronic fuel systems to validate for performance and durability. Investigations and tests will be in a clean laboratory environment.
- Operate test equipment and conduct investigation as directed by engineer to obtain, analyse and summarise data. Records evaluation results in appropriate form (curves, charts, tables, sketches, photographs) with the appropriate tools (hardcopy, software, etc.) to engineer for inclusion in technical reports.
- Have direct contact with components working in the lab and with test rigs; observing, operating and testing the product or component, together with recording of various test data measurement points.
Test Technician – Experience & Qualifications required
- A practical mechanical engineering background, ideally apprentice trained, is preferred.
- The Technician will be required to set up various tests on either a bench or test rig, following procedures and schematics for fluid flow and measurement with flow meters and pressure transducers. This test work could be on a specific component, low pressure fuel system or high pressure system. The type and variety of investigative work is a rewarding role for the technician, who will work directly for the internal customer to resolve issues or validate components and systems.
- Experience of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Desirable – Hydraulics experience
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.