Assistant Quantity Surveyor – GL9 post code (easily accessible and located very near to junction 18 of the M4) – Permanent – Salary up to £26,000 per annum (depending on experience), plus benefits.
Do you have at least 3 years of experience as an Assistant or Trainee Quantity Surveyor, ideally within a newbuild environment or very similar industry? If so, this vacancy could be a really exciting opportunity for you.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Create and send tender packs for every trade
- Update and maintain the procurement schedules
- Host weekly procurement meetings
- Liaise with the housing associations
- Assist with placing material orders
- Take offs & measures
- BOQ production
- Call off certain packages as required by site
- Manage the sales extras process in conjunction with the sales team
- Liaise with the site manager to arrange pre starts and start dates for trades
- Attend pre-starts
- Create subcontract orders
- Create subcontract agreements
- Send out subcontract orders and agreements
- Track subbies insurances and subcontract order returns
- Request any info required from subcontractors and wider consultant team
- Quotation analysis
- Clearance forms
- Oversee CVR info
- Run cost reports
Experience & attributes required of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- At least 3 years of experience in either an assistant or trainee QS role, ideally within a newbuild environment or very similar industry.
- As a small, growing team, being able to build relationships on all levels (site, subcontractors, through to board) is a must.
- The role will be extremely varied and constantly evolving. You will need to be prepared to step in within any part of the business as necessary.
To apply, please send a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.