Component Development Test Technician - Peterborough
12 month contract initially - £12.90ph PAYE
Do enjoy being hands on? Are you passionate about mechanics and testing? Are you looking to progress your career and experience working with a globally recognised diesel engine manufacturer? Yes? - then read on!!!
My client has just made available an initial 12-month contract for a Component Development Test Technician to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside professional Engineers and progress your career with one of the leading manufacturers of Diesel Engines.
The key responsibility will be to conduct technical investigations of current and future products, working with engine components or systems to validate for performance and durability. Investigations and tests will be both in a laboratory and field environment
Key aims of the Engine Development Test Technician
- Operate test equipment and conduct investigation as directed by engineers to obtain, analyse, and summarise data.
- Records evaluation results in appropriate form (curves, charts, tables, sketches, photographs) with the appropriate tools (hardcopy, software, etc.) to engineer for inclusion in technical reports.
- Technicians will be expected to have direct contact with components working in the lab and with test rigs; observing, operating, and testing the product or component, together with recording of various test data measurement points.
- To assist the day to day running of the vibration testing facility, technicians will assist the vibration engineer with preparation, execution, and reporting of tests.
- This is an extremely varied role that supports the validation of numerous engine components or systems.
Qualifications and Experience Required for the Development Test Technician
- A practical mechanical engineering background, ideally apprentice trained, is preferred.
- Preferred but not essential attribute would be to have experience of laying strain gauges, soldering of electronic components, instrumentation set up of hardware, software, and basic data capture.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.