Contracts Manager – Construction – GL9 post code (easily accessible and located very near to junction 18 of the M4) – Permanent – Competitive Package
The successful contracts manager will help run and deliver the construction phase of multiple new build sites within Wiltshire and surrounding areas. Working directly below the construction director to support the site team with all aspects of the build.
The Contracts Manager will oversee projects from the start through to completion, ensuring that work is completed on time and within its budget. At all times, they are the first point of contact for members of the public, site managers and sub-contractors for as long as the contract lasts.
Key Responsibilities of the Contracts Manager – Construction
- Financial monitoring and control of the contracts, ensuring Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality compliance is maintained, and the Company's procedures and objectives are achieved.
- Analysis of returned quotations and identification of commercial opportunities to make recommendations for supply.
- Placing of accurate purchase orders to achieve budget and construction programme timescales including input of details on company procurement software package.
- Attend and lead in site project meetings as required.
- Keep up to date with new products, regulations, and technology on the market.
- Work with the wider Group to identify common areas of opportunity with supply chain and including contribution to group agreements.
Key skills & Competencies required of the Contracts Manager – Construction
- Knowledge of construction materials (for example, groundworks / super structure / internal joinery) including application, technical performance, storage, and delivery methods.
- Disciplined and well organised with the ability to work to own initiative and to deadlines in a fast-paced role.
- Understanding of the construction process particularly the residential sector.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand technical construction drawings.
- Have a commercial mind-set and an awareness of the wider implications of procurement decisions.
- Good communications skills as you will be working closely with suppliers, operational teams, other departments and external consultants.
- Experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously would be desirable.
- Strong written & oral communication skills.
- High awareness of health and safety requirements within construction.
To apply, please send a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.