Design Engineer – Desford – Initial 12 Month Contract – up to £35 per hour (depending on experience) on a limited or umbrella company contract basis
Key Responsibilities of the Design Engineer - non-metallic design and light fabrications
- Primarily utilising Creo 2 (Pro/E), the Design Engineer will be responsible for delivering cab component designs
- Supporting the NPI development machines by investigation of design failures and operator improvements. Support current production by interfacing with assembly operations and working with manufacturing supply base to provide validated design solutions in resolving known issues.
- Contribute to varying stages of the new product development process including; requirements capture, specification, FMEA, design, development testing, validation and certification
- Work with a project team lead, supervisors and peers in a variety of areas including engineering, manufacturing, assembly planning, purchasing, releasing, engineering change control, scheduling and product field service support.
- Interfacing with both internal and external suppliers
- May include minimal travel…primarily to customer / supplier sites
Experience and qualifications required of the Design Engineer - non-metallic design and light fabrications
- Be able to read structural design drawings
- Be able to collaborate with injection moulding tooling suppliers
- Understand geometric tolerance schemes
- Be familiar with fabrication tooling – Weld fixtures, pressings, forming processes
- Issue tracking and resolution
- Competent in non-metallic design (CAD surfacing skills), familiar with injection moulding, roto-moulding, thermo-forming & blow moulding processes
- Expected to be competent in mechanism design, light fabrication
- Be able to hold design reviews with cross functional teams. Operations, purchasing, manufacturing engineers, quality department
- Be able to run self-managed design projects
For further information please contact Francesca on 01275 867408.
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role is being made available by the end client on a contract/interim basis. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.