Design Engineer - Diesel Engine Systems - Peterborough (work from home until April) - Initial 12-month contract - up to £35 per hour
The successful Design Engineer will have a mix and design and development experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
Design Engineer - Diesel Engine Systems - Key Responsibilities
Candidates should be experienced in performing at least several of the below:
- Design and packaging of air systems, fuel systems, FEAD, core, after treatment and other engine systems, working with the component teams to ensure performance and durability requirements are met
- Working directly with the engine architect to agree concepts which satisfy the engine configuration needs of machine group customers
- Working with suppliers to develop hardware and mounting solutions
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Working with the validation team to plan and execute validation tests
- Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain ‘buy-in’ from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers
- Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities
- Development of drawings and other information to support the release of parts onto BOMs and engine lists in preparation for volume production
- Support field and production issue, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions
Design Engineer - Diesel Engine Systems - Skills and Experience required
- Diesel engine design experience – 10+ years – whole engine knowledge
- Experienced in using CREO
To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained.