Diesel Engine Validation Engineer
Stafford / Hybrid Working
12 Month Contract
The Diesel Engine Validation Engineer will be involved in validation of new diesel engine technology and systems, analysing data and trends, root cause corrective action and validation of corrective actions.
Job Responsibilities & Duties of the Diesel Engine Validation Engineer
- Verification and validation of diesel engine components and systems
- Defining and managing engine and component validation plans
- Coordination of day-to-day engineering activity and management of test activity
- Failure analysis and defect resolution using industry-standard methods.
- Technical report writing
- Leading engineering project teams
- Root cause analysis and defect resolution using industry-standard methods (e.g. 8D)
- Support the design function through participation in FMEA process
- Supporting process improvement activities and projects
- Conducting all work to operating procedures and local work methods in order to meet compliance with quality standards
Skills and Experience required of the Diesel Engine Validation Engineer
- Engineering degree or other equivalent qualification/experience.
- Experienced diesel engine validation engineer.
- Experience in writing validation plans and work/test instructions.
- Familiar with the 8D method and root cause analysis tools (e.g. 5-whys, fishbone, FMEA, etc.).
- Working knowledge of industrial diesel engine systems such as cooling, turbocharging, lubrication, air etc…
- Experience with data analysis tools (e.g. CANape, CANcase, etc.).
- Excellent organisation, communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
- PC literacy, excellent use of all MS Office components.
- High standard of written technical reporting.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.