Electrical Design Engineer
Our client, a specialist manufacturer who offers a unique combination of experience and ability in all aspects of engine, transmission, component and vehicle testing, has just made available a Permanent opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer to join their team based in Worcester.
Both graduate and experienced engineers will be considered, however experience in either same or related industry is preferred.
The successful candidate will play a key role in design, development, and integration of electrical and automation systems for testing solutions. This includes selecting appropriate hardware such sensors, actuators, and control systems. In addition, the person will need to identify the site electrical requirements. This position offers the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects in a wide selection of industries including Automotive, Aerospace, Off-Highway and more.
Key Responsibilities of the Electrical Design Engineer
- Design of test systems (Incoming power, power distribution, HMI, control
- Documentation: Produce and maintain detailed documentation, including electrical schematics, control logic diagrams, and operating manuals.
- Training: Provide training to operators and maintenance personnel on the proper use and maintenance of electrical and automation systems as well as mentoring and instruction to the existing electrical engineering team.
- Preventive Maintenance: Develop and execute maintenance plans to ensure the reliability and longevity of electrical and automation systems.
- Troubleshooting: Identify and resolve electrical and automation system issues, conducting root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations (e.g., NEC, ISO, IEC).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Good general understanding of component testing theory
- This role will involve UK travel, site work and may involve working away from home and some overseas travel
- Support to sales for technical review of RFQ’s, including the ability to define a system outline from customer requirements
- Technical support to the project and production managers
- Technical support to the commissioning engineers
Qualifications and Experience Required for the Electrical Design Engineer role
- Degree in electrical and/or automation engineering
- EPLAN and AutoCAD Electrical experience
- Full clean UK Driving License
- Valid UK Passport
- UKCA/CE Design experience, SafeExpert experience
- Beckhoff Automation Technology experience
- ERP experience
- Professional membership (IET, or similar)
- EV and/or Battery experience
- Project Management experience
- Ability to speak French, Italian and/or German an advantage.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.