Electrical Harness Design Engineer
12 Month Contract (likely to be extended)
Competitive Rate Available (Umbrella/ PAYE)
The successful applicant for this position will be join the Compact Engine Systems team and will take responsibility for design activities on electrical harnesses and packaging of electrical components for engine ranges.
Each project offers the opportunity to work on the harness design, supporting the development of engines designed to meet the latest emissions legislation, with world-class levels of quality and reliability. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Key Responsibilities of the Electrical Harness Design Engineer
- Design of harnesses and packaging of electrical components (sensors, ECM’s, actuators etc.)
- Working directly with the engine architect to identify space claims
- Working with suppliers to develop harnesses & associated brackets
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs
- Working with the validation team to plan and execute validation tests
- Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain ‘buy-in’ from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers
- Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities
The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end design process for electrical systems.
Skills and Experience of the Electrical Harness Design Engineer
- Experience in design of harnesses, brackets, and packaging of electrical components
- Experience with CREO
- Confident with communication and collaboration with multiple teams. Initiating interaction
- Self-starter, time management for progress of work
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.