Embedded Software Verification Engineer
Up to £22.61ph (Umbrella Basis)
Initial 12-Month Contract (Likely To Be Extended)
Are you a Software Verification Engineer with a genuine interest in Vehicle Technology? Do you enjoy the verification, debugging and troubleshooting of software and calibration data? If you are looking to advance your career within a world-leading organisation, whilst working with some of the foremost experts in their fields, then this opportunity deserves some real consideration. We are working with a global manufacturer based in Peterborough, who is searching for a mechanical/electronic engineer to join their team of engineers who are working on some cutting edge vehicle projects.
This role will play a key part in the development of the Engine Control Software and entails proactively working with other Electronics team members and development partners.
What will you do?
- Conduct verification tests of software features to ensure the quality of released software and the overall system. Analyse the test results to find any errors.
- Support development and maintenance of the dSPACE Hardware-in-Loop test system and the automated verification framework including input/output components i.e. sensors, and actuators to the dSpace HIL test system.
- Work with systems engineers to write Functional Test Procedures from Requirements and technical documents.
- Perform testing, verification, debugging and troubleshooting of software and calibration data.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of embedded software testing and verification especially for engine or vehicle control systems
- Hardware-in-loop testing
- D-Space/HIL experience or similar
- Experience in working with global teams
- A background in Electronics would be good but any relevant engineering discipline would be considered.
For further information please contact Alice on 01275 867400
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role is being made available by the end client on a contract/interim basis. The rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an Umbrella Employer.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately