Emissions Measurement Technician
PAYE £18.55 and Umbrella Rate £24.35 available
This is a shift position and comes with a 22% uplift across all shift patterns
The primary focus of the Emissions Measurement Technician is the installation, servicing, calibration, and repair of emissions measurement equipment at our client’s Global Engine Development facility. This will include assisting engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future emissions measurement technologies and processes in a laboratory environment.
• Practical, hands-on responsibility for evaluating and deploying measurement equipment
• Operating measurement equipment and conducting diagnostic investigations
• Equipment evaluation and collation/distribution of findings
• Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) and calibration of emissions measurement equipment
• Modifications to facility plant/test rigs and equipment
• Evaluating new products and processes in the emissions measurement discipline
• Provide first line breakdown cover which will include shift work (including some weekends)
Skills & Experience Required:
• Either qualified through a technical apprenticeship with electro-mechanical bias or equivalent extensive industry experience
• The capacity for continuous learning and sharing knowledge with peers
• Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
• Experienced maintainer of measurement equipment / instrumentation
• Understanding of Root Cause Analysis techniques and permanent corrective actions
To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.