Engine Performance Engineer
Peterborough (Hybrid working)
18-month contract – likely to be extended
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for an Engine Performance Systems Engineer within the Performance Systems Integration Group.
The team leads the development and validation of the engine performance installed in customer applications for our clients entire Medium Engine range, this includes global process responsibility for software, calibration, and certification.
You will need to have technical expertise in some of the following areas and strive to broaden and develop across our other areas of focus:
- Diesel engine core performance and emissions
- Diesel engine aftertreatment specification and performance
- Product controls software development
- Product technical issue root cause and resolution
Key Responsibilities include:
- Data analysis and engine performance predictions and problem solving
- Engine simulation and performance modelling, including mathematical modelling of complicated physical problems
- Build, validate and optimise system level and/or controls orientated models across multiple execution platforms.
- Use simulation models effectively to solve urgent engineering problems.
- Lead issue investigations for complex systems interaction issues in NPI and/or current product spaces, working closely with customers, suppliers, and process partners
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering
- Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
- Detailed and significant knowledge of internal combustion engines in some of the key areas outlined above
- Experience of MATLAB and Simulink
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Be familiar with some of 1-D simulation, dynamics, controls orientated or mean value simulation tools (e.g. GT-Power, Wave, AmeSIM, Adams, Dymola, Simulink)
- Experience of complex Electronics and Controls system concept generation including drafting block diagram controls for simulation assessment
- Extensive understanding of control algorithms and logic
- Experience of modelling complex systems, and the use of simulation tools to make confident predictions
- Knowledge of heavy-duty machine applications
- Product validation (FMEA, DVP&R, Data analysis)
- Product sign-off and report documentation
- Knowledge of mathematics, data analysis, numerical modelling, and statistics
- Experience of design of experiments, optimisation techniques and Robust engineering methods