Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Associate - Peterlee
Initially a 12-month contract - likely to be extended.
Umbrella and PAYE rates available
If you have a background in EHS and seeking the opportunity to bring your skills and knowledge to a new challenge, this might be the opportunity you are looking for. You will have an eye for detail and knowledge of safe working practices and combined with excellent interpersonal skills you will work with the team to monitor and promote our client’s EHS policies.
What would you do?
- Move from learning and assisting others to learning to contribute independently under the guidance of the EHS Manager.
- Make decisions on routine with limited risk issues that may affect the facility.
- Meet expectations in delivering results, learn to consider alternative courses of actions using strong change management skills, make timely decisions and develop relationships between the EHS team and other areas.
- Manage several assignments allowing them to gain experience in multiple EHS functions.
- Perform structured assignments that require some interpretation of data and regulations, identification of problem sources and possible remedial actions.
- Apply standard techniques involving innovations of methodology to perform well-defined assignments
- Supporting internal and external compliance auditing
- Maintaining legal compliance
- Supporting and leading EHS projects to achieve goals and targets
- Supporting auditing, waste walks, investigations and identifying improvement opportunities
- Rollout and develop training material
- Managing post incident management
- Completes EH&S reports for review and submission
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of a NEBOSH General Cert or equivalent
- Have undertaken proactive EHS tasks that have had measurable improvements.
- Must have strong communications and people management skills.
- An understanding of change management.
- Positive attitude
The above represents a summary of the role. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.