Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Coordinator - Clevedon
Part Time Temporary Role - Approximately 16 Hours a week, Negotiable
If you have a background in EHS and seeking the opportunity to bring your skills and knowledge to a new challenge, this might be the opportunity you are looking for. You will have an eye for detail and knowledge of safe working practices and combined with excellent interpersonal skills you will work with the team to monitor and promote our client’s EHS policies.
We’re looking for someone to coordinate the implementation of the Company EHS Policy and systems. You would monitor compliance with the policy, procedures, systems and providing support to the operational teams where necessary, reporting non-compliance to the HR and Senior Managers. You would contribute to the strong EHS culture within our client’s organisation.
What would you do?
- Ensure that all employees and sub-contractors are working in a safe manner and in compliance with EHS legislation, Company Policy and Procedures at all times.
- To have a full and current working knowledge of EHS legislation to support managers and staff.
- Carry out day to day management of the EHS monitoring system
- Create and review environmental impact assessments for the site
- Coordinating internal audit program
- Coordinating and participating / advising in risk / COSHH assessments, workplace inspections and audits
- Co-ordinating the occupational health surveillance and internal air monitoring programmes
- Creating safe systems of work
- Creating local (Ed) EHS policies and procedures as and when necessary
- Performing accident and near miss investigations
- Performing EHS inductions to new employees
- Managing contractors on site and co-ordinating the Permit to Work system
- Emergency preparedness and response (fire, chemical spill, flood, severe weather, and bomb threats) coordination, communicate with accountable managers regarding implementation / arrangements
What are we looking for?
- Current working knowledge of EHS legislation, best working practices and safe systems of work are essential.
- Minimum of 5 years practical EHS experience.
- NEBOSH General Certificate/Diploma or similar qualification.
- IT – Word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (Excel), database entry.
- Happy to work as part of a team.
- Experience and understanding of EHS issues in a mechanical engineering industry – desirable
The above represents a summary of the role. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.