Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Technician – Desford
6 month initial contract (could be ongoing for the right person)
Up to £18.25 per hour (Umbrella contract basis)
Are you looking to develop your career in a world class Environment, Health & Safety function? Do you want to make a difference in your next role? A rare opportunity is available to work on a contract basis to support the EHS programme at our clients Desford facility. The role will play an active part of the on-site EHS team, supporting both regulatory compliance and cultural improvement. This role supports a variety of day to day EHS activities where no day is the same as the next.
If you have a background in EHS or have recently graduated with a relevant scientific degree, this might be the opportunity you are looking for. You will have an eye for detail and data, and excellent inter personal skills as you work with the team on site on the constant improvement of their EHS culture.
What would you do?
- Support and contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) systems, processes and procedures.
- Assist the operational teams in cultural safety development.
- Participate in projects and work groups to implement safety improvements.
- Coach and train the workforce.
- Help maintain legal compliance.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally a degree in an appropriate scientific discipline, and/or an initial background in EHS.
- Strong IT and Microsoft Office skills.
- The ability to follow their own initiative, be proactive and ambitious.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- The confidence to stand and present ideas and training materials to wider groups and audiences.
- Someone looking to develop a career in the EHS in a large fast paced environment.
- Candidates with relevant experience, from backgrounds that may differ from safety disciplines, will also be considered.
The above represents a summary of the role. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.