Import, Export and Customs Duty Administrator – Peterlee (SR8)
Initial 6 month contract – has the potential to keep rolling
Up to £12.50 ph PAYE / Up to £16.50 ph via an umbrella company (rates depend on experience)
Have you imported or exported goods in/out of the UK? Are you familiar with the administration that goes with UK imports/exports? If “yes” and you enjoy working in a busy environment, where every day is different, this could be the opportunity you are looking for you…
We are looking for an Import, Export and DutyAdministrator to join our client’s Duty team in Peterlee, they are an industry leader, and world-renowned brand who import and export worldwide! This is an initial 6 month contract, which has the potential to keep rolling!
What would the Import, Export and Customs Duty Administrator do?
- Ensure import and export compliance, making sure all documentation is trade compliant.
- Issue Clearance instructions and deal with Customs ports and Customs entries.
- Handle daily import, export and Customs activity with freight forwarders.
- Export declarations, duty deferment payments and ensure full HMRC compliance.
- Review Customs entries completed by brokers to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with HMRC, freight forwarders and supply chain for bringing goods into the warehouse.
What experience will the Import, Export and Customs Duty Administrator need?
- Previous experience and understanding of working within a Global Imports/Exports department.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative work style.
- Ability to work and communicate with other departments, and external third parties.
- Excel skills (v-look up would be beneficial).
- The ability to work in an organised, planned manner whilst paying excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable experience of consistently meeting deadlines.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates