Maintenance Technician – Global Engine Test Facility
Initial 12 month contract
Hourly rates up to £21.75 (umbrella) or £16.84 (PAYE)
We’re looking for a Maintenance Technician to join a multi- million Global Engine Test facility in Peterborough. As Maintenance Technician you will work within the team responsible for commissioning the test facility, whilst also interacting with wider facility teams.
As Maintenance Technician you will have the opportunity to provide support on state-of-the-art engine test beds. Working alongside the engineering teams, mechanical design and electronics teams daily tasks will include;
- Facility breakdowns using fault diagnostics techniques
- Calibrate test bed equipment such as dynamometers and high speed, low speed pressure transducers and control systems.
- Repair of equipment and the installation and commissioning of new facilities.
We’re looking for a technician with mechanical hands on experience in one or more of the following disciplines; PLC, electrical, BMS or Quality documentation (17025 compliant).
Ideally qualifications and experience will include;
- Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and or Qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret, design, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical drawings.
- Multi-skilled in both Electrical and Mechanical disciplines
- Experience or qualifications for working to health and safety standards/regulations
- BS 7671:2008 IEE 18th Electrical Regulations (Desirable)
- BS 7671:2008 Inspection and Testing of Electrical installations (Desirable)
- Qualifications/Experience of Programmable Logic Control (Allen Bradley, RS logix5000, Siemens)
- Ideally you will have qualifications/experience in fault finding of hydraulic systems, calibration of instrumentation, laser alignment of rotating equipment
The above represents a summary of the role. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.