Material Planner – Peterlee – Initial 6 month Contract (expected to be rolling contract thereafter) – Up to £21.75 per hour (depending on experience) on an umbrella company contract basis
Do you have material planning/ scheduling experience? Do you have experience building relationships with suppliers? Are you analytical? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Material Planner - Key Responsibilities
- Timely delivery of materials, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans.
- Collaborate with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues. This work may require planning for alternate manufacturing methods.
- Analyse established parts schedules and production requirements, converting requirements into appropriate piece parts, requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels and issuing work orders.
- Manage and perform supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components.
- Perform work to improve point of use material availability, applying root cause analysis and corrective actions.
Material Planner - Key skills & experience required
- General knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management
- Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics desired
- Ability to use and troubleshoot the MRP, Lognet and MTS systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.