Our client, a specialist manufacturer who offers a unique combination of experience and ability in all aspects of engine, transmission, component, and vehicle testing, has just made available a Permanent opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team based in Worcester.
We’re looking for people who have 2-3 years experience post-graduation right through to a more senior level - salaries will reflect this.
This role will involve UK travel, site work and may involve working away from home and some overseas travel
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and Directors
Responsible for efficient in house mechanical and electrical design
Supporting all levels and types of company engineer
Product test, development, and verification
Customer Point of Contact and Support.
Where required, assessment of proposals put forward by the engineering team prior to handover to sales and quotation.
Quality, inspection and detailed review of product build and engineering errors to allow continuous improvement.
· Product Support and Training
In house mechanical design of company products
Mechanical assembly and commissioning of products and systems.
Qualifications and Experience Required for the Mechanical Design Engineer role
· Use of AutoDESK will be useful and Microsoft Office will be essential.
· Ability to read and understand complex mechanical and electrical drawings
· Good general understanding of engine and component testing theory
· Ability to understand systems from documentation only
· Ability to identify & solve problems efficiently, also under pressure
· Ability to define a system outline from customer requirements
· Ability to deliver robust solutions to support an evolving product range
· Willingness to take on responsibility for smaller projects & design studies
· Ability to specify and liaise on the procurement of mechanical assemblies and components
· Ability to produce appropriate technical documentation (Drawings, Manuals)
· Ability to work on own initiative to meet objectives & cost
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.