Mechanical Engineer - Peterborough (hybrid work patterns available)
Initial 12-month Contract Assignment (highly likely to be ongoing)
Competitive Hourly Rates on Offer
As a Mechanical Engineer you will provide your services to a client whose global reach extends to virtually every corner of the earth. Their offering includes machines, engines, components, services and solutions to a vast customer base.
Specifically with this assignment you will work with the very latest technology in new and updated diesel engines for industrial applications. Working alongside a range of system and validation specialists, with support and collaboration from Engineers across facilities in US, China, India, and Japan.
Core remit for the Mechanical Engineer will include;
- Perform analysis of machine & engine data to identify objectives, system level risks and resolve product issues.
- Support the creation and maintenance of FMEA’s and facilitate the creation of validation plans for dynamometer & machine.
- Work with multiple teams to make decisions from engine data reviews and end of test inspections.
- Investigate system level trade-offs including performance, packaging & durability through engineering hand calculations, simulation results and test data.
- Undertake machine integration application risk assessments
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Mechanical / Systems Engineering approach to product development - excellent data analysis skills
- A curious mind - a good problem solver
- Experience of engine design, development, or simulation would be ideal but will consider similar backgrounds
- Experience of planning validation and test requirements
- Good communication skills (both written & verbal)
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available.