Mechanical Systems Engineer
Based in Peterborough - with remote working options available
Umbrella £33.50 and PAYE rates available £25.50
We’re looking for a Mechanical Systems Engineer to join a recognised leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. Based in their Engineering & Technology centre you will work alongside a range of system and validation specialists, with support and collaboration from engineers across facilities in US, China, India, and Japan.
Core tasks for the Mechanical Systems Engineer will include:
- Perform analysis of machine & engine data to develop technical objectives, identify system level risks and identify & resolve product issues.
- Support the creation and maintenance of System FMEA’s and facilitate the creation of system & component validation plans (DVP – Design Verification Plan) for dynamometer & machine.
- Work with component teams, test engineers, product managers & customers, to make decisions making from engine data reviews and end of test inspections.
- Collaborate to investigate system level trade-offs including performance, packaging & durability. This will be achieved through the use of a combination of engineering hand calculations, simulation results and test data.
- Undertake machine integration application risk assessments, working collaboratively with our customers.
- Take results from DVP & translate into product capability statements, and application sign-off requirements.
Required Skills and Experience for the Mechanical Systems Engineer:
- A Systems Engineering approach to product development
- A structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to analyse engine data and use it drive decisions with clear, concise conclusions
- Experience of engine design, development, or simulation
- Experience of planning validation and test requirements
- Experience of DFMEA facilitation and creation
- Good communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Experience of working as part of a cross functional team
- Engineering degree or similar
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates