NPI Manufacturing Engineer
Hourly rates £28.00 PAYE / £37.60 Umbrella rates available
We’re looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join a Global Engineering Manufacturer at a really exciting and pivotal time. The initial contract assignment is 12 months, and the successful Manufacturing Engineer will have the opportunity to work with large scale equipment in a world class facility!
You will join a small and dedicated team who focus on manufacturing, paint, and assembly projects. The team utilises the latest design systems and techniques including 3D virtual vitalisations!
What we’re looking for from you as Manufacturing Engineer;
- Demonstrable Project Skills – must be able to manage multiple projects at one time
- Understanding of heavy machinery, fixtures, and tool development
- Lean and 6 sigma mindset – root cause analysis would also be great
- Mechanical background – knowledge of mechatronics would be hugely beneficial
- Qualifications in the following would be hugely beneficial; CE / PUWER, Safety / Ergonomic, NEBOSH / IOSH
- Machine safety background is essential.
In brief what will you do;
- Assist in developing department capital and expense budgets as well as maintaining the department capital forecast
- Administer NPI processes to ensure that Engineering drawings are released and processed on time for NPI build.
- Engaging in creative problem solving to address operational issues
- Working with internal and external suppliers to develop and manage projects
- Provide the application, procurement, processing, installation and capability of new fabrication, material handling, test, heat treat, welding, painting and / or chemical processes and equipment.
- Integrate of manufacturing systems including factory control software, scheduling techniques, simulation, and systems application.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.