Project Leader - Procurement
Umbrella rates 29 p/h PAYE £22 p/h
Can be based near Peterborough, Wolverhampton or Springvale
We’re looking for a Procurement Project Leader to join a world leading manufacturer of construction and off highway machinery on an initial 18 month contract. This is an incredible organisation to be aligned with, a company that due to its global platform comes an opportunity to lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, and care for the communities they help build.
You will join their UK based procurement team that’s responsible for Purchased Finished Drivetrain products, such as friction material, gearboxes, yokes, driveshafts and more. Primarily working from home currently, but you will need to be on site as needed.
Role Purpose and Overview:
Primary responsibilities of this position are to work with a multi-functional team in resourcing components to suppliers in the EAME region from start of the process to introduction of the components and ensuring that robust processes are in place to enable successful project. Scope of the project is approximately 40 components with about $9m of spend to localise
Core remit will include:
- Leading the project team and ensuring that the agreed timelines are on track
- Creation of a project plan (potentially with support of Project Management Office)
- Providing feedback to the stakeholder group on the progress and identifying areas of support needed to maintain project timelines
- Working with the category and engineering teams on delivery of the elements within the New Source Introduction (NSI) Process at various project gateway points
- Presentation of project progress
- Manage capital expenditure associated with the project
- Prioritisation of components based on business need (such as assurance of supply)
- Interfacing with suppliers on aspects of the project
What we’re looking for from you;
- Project Management techniques and use of project management tools, expertise of managing critical paths in the project ideally from an engineering/ manufacturing setting
- Stakeholder management
- Confident presenter and able to articulate business cases for approval
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with suppliers
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.