Project Manager, Stafford
11 Month Contract
Salary £35 - £50 per hour
Are you an experienced Project Manager with extensive global cross functional management experience? Can you deliver large scale, complex transformational projects? Are you able to travel overseas on a regular basis?
You will be accountable for managing and leading a global cross functional team of individuals within the business unit, to deliver a large scale and complex transformational project. You will ensure that all aspects of the project are on plan and ensure that activity owners understand and deliver on commitments as well as keeping the wider cross functional team and leadership group informed of progress.
To lead and manage a cross functional team, that is based in both Stafford, UK and India. The team covers multiple functions including engineering, operations, supply chain, technical services and logistics. The project will include changes to their manufacturing footprint, product specification, supply chain design, global logistics, material flow and supplier base capabilities.
This position provides leadership, guidance and direction to the project team responsible for the delivery of this strategic project. Key aspects of this role include but are not limited to the following: -
- Leads and coordinates the overall project from joining the business through to the final completion of the activities.
- Implement and lead governance to ensure all aspects of the project are being maintained.
- Work with the individual project stream team leads to ensure that they are managing their activities and that they are on track to the master plan.
- The incumbent provides direction, focus, motivation, and encouragement for the team.
- Track progress throughout and ensure key milestones are being achieved.
- Provide a regular update on progress and highlight risk with mitigation plans actions and owners.
- Ability to challenge the plan and ensure that more efficient or improved actions are executed to achieve the overall project requirements.
- Manage and track the budget for Project and Capital expense.
- Provide and demonstrate clear achievement of project milestone through a defined and detailed Go / No Go checklist and review at those milestone points.
- Work with the Project Coordination team to ensure that updates are loaded into the master plan.
The position often confronts complex issues or problems that require careful analysis and diagnosis. Problems are often unique, and solutions can require original approaches. The incumbent may modify existing approaches or develop new solutions if needed.
- Extensive experience of leading and managing large scale projects.
- Strong leadership experience and a proven ability to lead, coach and drive teams.
- Strong influencing skills, and a proven ability to build positive and collaborative working relationships with key functions and senior leadership within a large organisation.
- Ability to establish a strong and robust governance structure and process.
- High-level of business acumen with the ability to make decisions taking into consideration multiple variables.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role is being made available by the end client on a contract/interim basis. To apply, please submit a CV that clearly signposts your relevant experience. Applicants must have the existing right to work in the UK and evidence will be required. Sarah Macrae - email@example.com Tel: 01275 867407