Project Manager – Peterborough - Initial contract until March 2021 – up to £30.50 per hour (umbrella company contract basis)
Do you have at least 5 years of project management experience? Do you have risk management and resource management experience? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Project Manager – Key Responsibilities
- Management and accountability for the portfolio of projects
- Monitoring project progress and performance
- Regular stakeholder reporting
- Proven risk management experience
- Work with partners, monitor progress, to ensure project delivered in a timely manner on budget
- Attend business meetings with partners
- Resource management - Provide input for staffing and support of programs and create accurate and detailed resource-loaded project schedules
- Management of project/programme budgets
- Maintains program level issues/action logs, risk registers, scope change requests/logs, program schedules, and program cost tracking
- Expertise in Project/Program Management tools & processes, including project/portfolio resource and cost management
- Facilitate projects, lead chartering sessions, develop/validate network diagrams, and lead integration and compression sessions with internal and external teams
- Mentor/coach the project leaders in project management, and address any issues one-on-one with senior divisional and department management if appropriate
- Requires ability to learn project accounting systems and produce project-related financial reports.
Project Manager – Experience & Qualifications required
- Degree or equivalent experience within the project management field
- Eight years + of job-related experience in project management (or 5+ years with resource and risk management)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including excellent communication skills
- Professional training in leading and facilitating meetings is highly desired
- Previous experience directing the work of others is highly desirable
- Must possess extensive knowledge of project management software (MS Project experience desirable) MS Office (Excel/Word/Powerpoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Web Publishing tools. Will also require knowledge of other software tools such as project accounting systems. Good Excel skills are vital (complex formulas, linking multiple worksheets, pivot tables, graphs)
- Project resource loading/portfolio resource management and project/portfolio cost management experience is highly desirable
- Prince 2/PMP or equivalent qualification is highly desired
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.