Prototype Quality Inspector – Peterborough
Initial 12 month opportunity – PAYE rates up to £16.66 p/h and up to £21.50 umbrella rates p/h
Are you looking to join an established, global Manufacturer?
Are you obsessive about quality, with a great eye for detail?
Do you have inspection and measurement experience?
If yes, this could be the role for you...
We’re looking for a Prototype Quality Inspector to join an established Global Engine Development Engineering Company, who have a heritage of engineering excellence and have manufactured over 21 million engines!
What would you do as Prototype Quality Inspector?
- Carry out, a variety of Inspection functions to support new engine programs to very tight deadlines
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and engineers instructions
- Use a variety of Inspection tools / machines to check parts as requested by the customer
What are we looking for from a Prototype Quality Inspector?
- Apprenticeship / City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Metrology or equivalent qualifications
- Previous experience in writing CMM measurement programs (preferably using PC DMIS software)
- Previous Inspection / Measuring Room experience
- Knowledge of the components of surface topography
- Ability to maintain and update records as required
- Applicants must be self-motivated with good team working skills and be willing to work shifts if required.
- Initiative, problem solving and positive attitude to change are also essential.
The above represents a summary of the role. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.